BREAKING: Suicide attack at Cameroon mosque kills four
Written by Taiwo Adediran on January 18, 2016
Four worshipers were killed in a suicide bombing at a mosque in northern Cameroon on Monday, a security source said, five days after a similar attack left 13 people dead.
Report said that Monday’s attack took place in the village of Nguetchewe in an area regularly targeted by Boko Haram.
“The toll of this attack is four dead and two injured,” the source, who was at the scene of the attack, told reporter on condition of anonymity.
On Wednesday last week, suicide bomber killed 13 worshipers and wounded at least one in an attack on a mosque also in northern Cameroon.
Officials said last week’s attack was suspected to have been carried out by terror group, Boko Haram.
Cameroonian troops form part of an 8,700-strong regional force created to battle Boko Haram.
The United States recently disclosed plans to send military supplies and troops to the Central African country to aid the fight.
“Twelve worshipers were killed at the scene. Another died of his wounds in the hospital,” the source added.
The bombing came after two people were killed overnight in the same area in another attack.
Another source close to the security services confirmed that the blast killed 13 persons including the bomber.